I still have a lot of questions about Monkeypox. And I've literally made a whole podcast about it.
I remember sitting in the doctors surgery not long after catching it wanting to know: What treatment is available, how long will this part last?
Then after I recovered, why wasn't I automatically eligible for the vaccine - am I immune?
So I put these questions to the experts and doctors who've been tirelessly to track this outbreak, the changing symptoms and help all of us manage it.
Join us to work out what the science tells us about What The Pox is going on? This week's guests are:
- Dr Chole Orkin - British physician and Professor of HIV/AIDS medicine at Queen Mary University of London
- Susan Cole - Community engagement, NAM AIDSmap
- Joseph Osmundson - American biophysicist and writer
- Tri Vo - NYC based graphic designer and illustrator
Listen to understand:
- How one doctor worked out that Monkeypox has changed and re-wrote the symptoms list
- The key info about the virology behind transmission - and what this tells us about why more people are catching it
- How it's spreading, what we know about immunity, and how effective the vaccines are
Credits: Hosted and produced by Martin Joseph. Directed and executive produced by Jamie Wareham. A QueerAF Production. With thanks to all of our guests valuable time.
Listen ad-free ⬇️
What The Pox supporters and QueerAF members can log in to listen ad free:
This post is for paid members only
This post is for members only
Read it now by entering your email and getting a free QueerAF membership.
Your membership will go a long way in supporting our community of diverse and hard-working creators. By lifting them up, funding and kickstarting their careers – together we can change the media, and our world.